Friday, March 11, 2005

ZIMBABWE ELECTION BLOG

Harare election blog I: Invisible poll
In the run-up to Zimbabwe's parliamentary elections on 31 March, 22-year-old receptionist Lucy Gomo (not her real name) is keeping a diary about life in Harare.
Wednesday 9 March.

Election campaigning here in Harare is surprisingly quiet at the moment. There has been little campaigning in the capital. There are just a few posters up around town, but people just don't seem interested. Politics is not discussed among my colleagues at work, on the commuter buses or among my friends. The only real sign of campaigning I've seen was last weekend when I travelled to Kwekwe (180km south-west of Harare). There I saw some people singing and wearing T-shirts supporting the opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home