Friday, April 21, 2006

QUEEN CELEBRATES 80TH AT WINDSOR!



E-mail this to a friend
Printable version
Queen celebrates 80th at Windsor.

Some of the crowd sang to the Queen as she stopped to chatThe Queen has met thousands of wellwishers at an informal walkabout in Windsor, on her 80th birthday. The band of the Irish Guards played Happy Birthday and the crowd cheered as she emerged from Windsor Castle. The Queen - dressed in a vibrant pink coat and hat - accepted gifts, cards and flowers as she and Prince Philip walked around the town for 45 minutes.

Later she will join her family for a private dinner to be hosted by Prince Charles at Kew Palace. The Queen earlier thanked the thousands of people who sent her cards and messages. They had helped make the day a "special one", she said. I have been very touched by what you have written and would like to express my gratitude.

Buckingham Palace said the Queen had received 20,000 cards and 17,000 e-mails - sent via her 80th-birthday website. She said: "I would like to thank the many thousands of people from this country and overseas who have sent me cards and messages on my 80th birthday. "I have been very touched by what you have written and would like to express my gratitude to you all."
BBC NEWS REPORT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home