Saturday, December 27, 2008

THE ENTERTAINMENT YEAR IN QUOTES!

Some of the most memorable quotes from the world of entertainment uttered during 2008.

George Clooney and Daniel Day Lewis
Daniel Day Lewis (l) grabs George Clooney at the Oscars

Well, apart from anything else he was the nearest fellow nominee. He's just a great guy. I had to kiss someone. I kissed my wife, and in the interest of parity, I kissed George. Daniel Day Lewis explains why he grabbed George Clooney when it was announced he had won an Oscar.

I am devastated that my joyous time with one of the best programmes on TV has ended this way. I was happy to continue doing the numbers and letters for years to come. Carol Vorderman reacts to being ousted from Channel 4's Countdown over plans to give her a 90% pay cut.

We are the greatest band in the world, well, not quite the biggest band. U2 are on holiday. Radiohead are on holiday. Coldplay's ever-modest Chris Martin takes to the stage at the Q Awards. Embarrassed, he later returned to the stage and said:
I don't think we're the best act in the room, let alone the world.

Ricky Hatton and Noel Gallagher
Noel Gallagher felt like he had been in the ring with friend Ricky Hatton after he was attacked
Feels like I've had a sparring session with Ricky Hatton. Noel Gallagher after he was attacked by a fan on stage in Toronto.

Now don't make me cry. I love this part, and I love this show so much that if I don't take a deep breath and move on now I never will, and you'll be wheeling me out of the Tardis in my bath chair. David Tennant announces he is quitting Doctor Who.

I never do what anyone else is doing. I could walk away from music and become a farmer or do some crochet. The worst thing in life for me is to do something I'm not happy doing. Singer Grace Jones on keeping ahead of the pack.

Our time is up... we've come to the end of the road... there are tears of sadness and joy. The Spice Girls announce they are officially over... again, after cutting short their comeback tour.

But if the joke wears thin, if in fact people begin to take it very seriously, and if people really are getting so wound up that it's very difficult to carry off the joke, then I think it is time to go. John Sergeant decides to call it a day and leaves Strictly Come Dancing early despite huge support from the voting public.

Kristina Rihanoff and John Sergeant
John Sergeant's resignation from Strictly Come Dancing caused waves

"I've been through a lot the past two or three years, and I've definitely grown up, big time... I sit there and I look back and I'm like, 'I'm a smart person, like, what the hell was I thinking?" Britney Spears reflects on a difficult few years in her documentary For the Record.

Please do not send fan mail to any address you have. Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October. If that is the date on the envelope, it's gonna be tossed. I'm warning you with peace and love I have too much to do. Former Beatle Ringo Starr gives a short, sharp message to fans that he will no longer sign autographs.

Sir Terry is nothing less than legend and is an impossible act to follow, but somebody must and I just couldn't say no. I can't wait to get to Moscow. With a combination of cheap vodka and a language barrier what could possibly go wrong? Graham Norton gets excited about taking over the Eurovision Song Contest reins from Sir Terry Wogan.

She came through to the studio, we kissed her on the cheek and the programme went on air, so at no point had we any idea what condition she might be in. The last thing I want to do is to witness a car crash in front of my eyes. Phillip Schofield on Kerry Katona's bizarre appearance on This Morning, during which she slurred her words and appeared confused.


When I first saw her, I didn't think we looked alike at all. Then during the convention, I started to think, 'OK, maybe a little.' I expected people to be like, 'Ahhh, we thought it'd be better than that.' I stand by the pieces as both fair and quite gentle…We glue my ears down. That's one of the tricks… I'll tell you, that lady is five times better-looking than I am. Comic actress Tina Fey, who wowed audiences with her regular spoofs of Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live.

Heather Mills
Heather Mills fought her own divorce case in the High Court

I felt like my vote was the vote that put him into office. It was down to one vote, and that was going to be my vote. And that may not be true, but that's how much power it felt like I had. P Diddy on how he elected Barrack Obama.

The wife for her part must have felt rather swept off her feet by a man as famous as the husband. I think this may well have warped her perception leading her to indulge in make-belief. The objective facts simply do not support her case. Mr Justice Bennett offers his professional opinion of Heather Mills following her very public divorce case at the High Court.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home