Saturday, April 18, 2009

PLANK SAWN OFF FROM GIRL'S SKULL

Naomi Easton with plank nailed to her head
The plank of wood became nailed to Naomi's head

Firefighters were called to saw off a 7ft plank after it fell onto a young girl, embedding two nails in her skull.

Naomi Easton, 11, had been building a shelter in woods in Pumpherston, West Lothian, when the plank fell on her.

The wood had to be sawn by firefighters as, due to its length, it would not fit into the ambulance.

Naomi was taken by ambulance to the Royal Hospital for Sick Children in Edinburgh. She was discharged after treatment.

She told BBC Scotland: "I just remember sitting under the sticks that were piled up, then someone ran up the ramp and a stick fell onto my head.

"That's when I started screaming. But we didn't know there were any nails in it. I got quite scared.

"Some of the people that were there went to get their mum. Then the ambulance came and that was it."

"It was quite sore and painful.

"Today, I feel a little bit sore but I'm just glad that I'm still here and I've got my mum."

Naomi Easton describes her ordeal

Ewan Finlay, 10, who ran for help, said: "We were playing and just heard a scream and it was Naomi. She said she had a nail in her head.

"It was very strange as one minute we were happy then the next we heard a scream."

BBC NEWS REPORT.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home