Thursday, July 30, 2009

PERFUME SPRITZ SPARKS MASS EXIT !

Thirty-four people went to hospital and dozens were treated for sickness after strong perfume was sprayed by a woman in a Texas bank.
Two workers initially complained of having chest pains and headaches.
The bank then announced that anyone who felt ill should leave the building, prompting around 150 people to take up the offer.
Twelve people were taken to hospital by ambulance, after they complained of feeling short of breath and dizzy.
"When the two employees reported their illness to a supervisor, an announcement was made over the building's PA system saying that anyone feeling these symptoms should exit the building," fire department spokesman Kent Worley said, according to a local newspaper report.
Emergency services initially feared that there may have been a leak of carbon monoxide leak but having checked the building, decided that a strong perfume was to blame.
Investigators do not know what kind of perfume was sprayed.

BBC NEWS REPORT.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home