Sunday, January 30, 2005

TENNIS

This morning I got up well in time to feed the cats, check the birds
shower, get dressed and arrange my breakfast to be able to sit and
watch the Australian Tennis Grand Slam Men's Final. I was very
disappointed when Agassi was knocked out earlier in the week.
Australia's Lleyton Hewitt came out in a blaze of glory to win the
1st set easily against the Russian, Marat Safin, who now lives in
Monaco. The standard of tennis was very good, but somehow it
was not quite the same excitement of the Borg, McEnroe or Connors
era. There was the usual smashing of his racket by Safin, and the
loud "Come on" from Hewitt. To begin with I thought Hewitt was
going to win easily, but Safin, even tho' he had to have time out for
an injury, came through to win fairly easily in 4 sets. I did enjoy
watching the match.

2 Comments:

Blogger Todd HellsKitchen said...

Tennis: One of the most enjoyable games on the planet to watch on TV. And about the only game I enjoy watching. I catch the US Open most years. I once had courtside seats in Flushing, and think I actually prefer watching it on the tv from home to being there.

As for playing? No Way!

9:08 pm  
Blogger jackaranda said...

Wimbeldon Fortnight for me is a case of get loads of food in, phone off the hook, doors all locked, curtains closed and flick through the 5 available matches I can watch on T.V. Well I Wish......
I did get to see a Connors and McEnroe exhibition match live once. Absolutely brilliant it was.

5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home