Saturday, October 22, 2005

ZIMBABWE - A FEW WORDS TO THINK ABOUT.

MY THOUGHTS.....

Maybe, like me, many of you are finding it hard to read Cathy Buckle's weekly letters from Zimbabwe. Maybe, like me, you are feeling uncomfortable at having a normal everyday kinda life, compared to everyone in Zimbabwe. Maybe, like me, you have tried to get their message out to as many people as you can. Maybe, like me, you are desperately sad that there seems to be so little we can do to help. Maybe, like me, you wonder why so much aid can be sent and given to other countries in need, but that the people in Zimbabwe are being forced to die of starvation, illnesses, and lack of shelter. Maybe, like me, you wonder how on earth would you manage living in a country as Zimbabwe is now.

Maybe, like me, you are angry that nothing and no one seems to care about the women and children in Zimbabwe. Maybe, like me, you want to beg the men in Zimbabwe to take stock of the situation they find themselves in and DO somthing about it. Maybe, like me, you wonder why the men folk in Zimbabwe seem to show no concern whatso ever about the women and children, and to change and DO something for them. Maybe, like me, you wonder what the children will grow up into, having had so little of of normal childhood - they are the future of the country after all. Maybe, like me, the ache in your heart does not ever ease, but seems to get worse as each year goes by. Maybe, like me, you are indebted to Cathy for her continual contact with us in the outside world. Maybe, like me, you continue to pray that one day, their day will come, and the suffering of all the good people in Zimbabwe will stop and God's country will return to normal. Maybe, like me, you wonder if that is too much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home