Friday, October 19, 2007

"IT'S GOING TO BE ONE BIG PARTY "!

Thousands of rugby fans are heading for Paris ahead of the mouth-watering World Cup final between England and South Africa.
Here, some of those preparing to board the Eurostar at Waterloo Station in London describe their emotions ahead of the contest and give their predictions.

BETHANY WALTERS, 17, CHRISTIAN WALTERS, 16, AND OLLY LARKIN, 15
Bethany, of Bristol, said:
We're all really excited. The atmosphere should be electric. I've never been to Paris and can't wait to get there.
My parents bought tickets for the final a while ago and I think they felt a bit guilty when England got through and they were going and we weren't.
Bethany Walters said Jonny Wilkinson would by key.
So they bought us tickets too. We're staying in separate hotels and coming back on Sunday.
We're going to start partying as soon as we arrive.
We're missing the last day at school before the half-term break.
All my teachers said 'good on you'.
I don't know whether we are going to win or not. Bryan Habana is pretty good, but I think Jonny Wilkinson will do the business.

NICO MARAIS, 36, JOHANNESBURG.
I think South Africa will win. It's a long way to come to see them lose. So I hope they do it.
Nico Marais said he was expecting a great show.
We've a factory in France and I got the tickets from people working there two days ago. They were French fans who couldn't bear to go to the final.
They were gutted, but it worked out well for me. It's a huge vibe in South Africa. I really believe we have a good chance tomorrow.
The whole thing is a great show and I can't wait to get into Paris. There's already a buzz and we're not even there yet.

TRACEY MILLER, 40, ALDBOROUGH, NORFOLK
I think the Springboks are going to win. Maybe score a few tries. I'm expecting some good action from us.
Tracy Miller said she was hoping for a wonderful atmosphere.
I'm originally from South Africa and everyone back home is excited. They'll be having parties and barbecues before watching the game.
It's a really important sport over there. It would be good to get one over on the English. Everyone likes to win, don't they?
My son is flying in to watch the game on the big outdoor screen in Paris. The atmosphere will be wonderful.

TERRY FARR, 52, ROSS-ON-WYE, HEREFORDSHIRE
I'm really quite excited. I think we are going to win. I managed to get a ticket about three months ago to the semi-final.
Terry Farr had a bet on England and could win £250.
When I was at the game I bought my tickets off some All Blacks fans. They were gutted. They were saying how poor our level of rugby was.
I just pointed out how far they had got. I personally had a bet of £10 on England to win the World Cup at 25-1.
I haven't been surprised by England's success at all. It was a matter of the team slotting in place. It's all about having belief.

STEVE POWNALL, 39, AUCKLAND
I'm a New Zealand supporter, but I'm just a rugby fan really and I can't wait for the final.
Steve Pownall is an All Blacks fan hoping for a good game.
It should be a really good game. I think South Africa will win by 10 points. I bought my ticket about three months ago.
I wasn't absolutely certain New Zealand would get to the final, but I certainly thought they'd get to the semis.
I arrived in Europe about four weeks ago and I've been to just about every All Blacks game. I took a month off from work after planning it for ages.
It's been a great experience.

ANDY HARRIS, 64, JOHANNESBURG
We've got to win. I think England are a one-man side. Without Wilkinson they wouldn't stand a chance.
Andy Harris said it would be a memorable occasion.
I'm not worried yet. I spent all that money to get here and I'm just going to enjoy it.
I got my ticket about 10 days ago. It was no gamble at all, I knew South Africa would get to the final.
In South Africa they are saying it's going to be a tight game. I think it's going to be electrifying.
It's going to be one of the most fantastic moments in my life.
BBC NEWS REPORT.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home